Certificate in Health and Wellness Services
With an increasing ageing population around the world and in particularly Hong Kong and China, health and wellness are important issues much discussed. A good knowledge and skills in health and wellness are in great demand, particularly for practitioners in the work place. However, there is an acute shortage of accredited quality vocational training courses for people working in health and wellness services. The proposed course aims to provide knowledge and skills for health and wellness services providers, with the help of technology.
The learning outcomes of the course include:
- Explain the basics of health and wellness according to WHO
- Explain the criteria for developing quality health and wellness services
- Understand how to improve health and wellness for service providers in the industry, with reference to experiences of different countries, e.g. Japan and Germany.
- Discuss the knowledge and skills in providing health services, especially for elders
- Discuss the knowledge and skills in providing wellness services, especially for elders